ARF is excited to offer a training program to high school students who have an interest in learning more about animal rescue and caring for shelter animals. Teen volunteers will spend two hours per week at ARF and learn about making a difference in a variety of ways:
- Shelter Essentials – complete the necessary tasks in support of ARF animals
- Cat and Dog Care – ensure the comfort and care of ARF cats and dogs
- Birthday Parties and Learning Center Tours – assist in educating children about the responsibilities of pet guardianship
- Service Learning – participate in a group project which will benefit ARF animals or animals in the community
- Leadership – be a mentor and share your love of animals with junior volunteers and new teen volunteers
Teen Volunteer Training is eight weeks. To become ARF volunteers, teens must attend all training sessions and pass assessments.